Hi everybody!

My photo
Medic, Science Lover, Laughter Maker and Pop-culture fangirl. Proudly part of the HippocraTV crew. Living on the internet since 1991.

Monday 13 October 2014

Subliminal messaging in sport?

I was reflecting on the famous poem "-If" by Rudyard Kipling, which has been popular in Britain since the early 20th century.

My reading led me to discover that the lines;

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster / and treat those two impostors just the same” are written on the entrance to Centre Court at Wimbledon.

And that explains Andrew Murray and his notorious unpredictable and over-emotional response* to his 2013 win.

Which led to my next theory. That Luis Suarez probably has a copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar in his kit bag.

Thus, I'm like a rubbish Sherlock Holmes of emotion.


*(sarcasm)

No comments:

Post a Comment